The model 12A microphone can be used for karaoke, sound reinforcement, or vocal or instrument recording, indoors or outdoors.
- The response curve ensures a faithful and brilliant reproduction of the voice.
- Neodyne magnet for high signal and signal-to-noise ratio.
- The configuration cardioid (unidirectional) eliminates feedback.
- On/off switch with locking plate
BASIC RULES FOR USING MICROPHONES
- Direct the microphone towards the sound source (such as musical instrument, speaker, singer) away from unwanted sources (speakers or other instruments) (Figure ).
- For maximum gain before feedback, place the microphone as close as possible to the sound source.
- Do not use several microphones to pick up the same sound source. The distance between multiple microphones should be at least three times that from each source to the microphone assigned to it.
- Use as few microphones as possible for the application.
- For more bass, move the microphone closer to the sound source. This phenomenon is called
- Place the microphone as far as possible from reflective (hard and smooth) surfaces.
- Add a windbreaker when increased protection against wind or mouth noise is needed: outdoors or for close vocal pickup.
- Avoid excessive handling of the microphone to minimize mechanical noise.
- To maintain the directional characteristics, do not obstruct the microphone grille with your hand (Figure ).
- Response curve
- 80 to 14,000 Hz (see Figure )
- Directivity curve
- Cardioid (unidirectional) (see Figure )
- Impedance (Z)
- Low, nominal 150 & # 937 ; (180 & # 937; actual)
- Output level (at 1 kHz)
- Open circuit voltage
- –56.0 dBV / Pa * ( 0.16 mV)
- * 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- A positive acoustic pressure on the diaphragm produces a positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Professional three-pin audio connector (male XLR)
- Switch integrated on/off with locking plate. To lock the switch in the
onposition, loosen the screw, push the plate forward and tighten the screw.
- Net weight
- 265 g
- Complies with European Union directives, authorized to bear the CE mark; complies with the EMC immunity specifications of the European Union (EN 50 082–1, 1992).